Tuba - Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier
The TUBA is a world-class vacuum tube headphone amplifier designed to operate with either low impedance (Grado) or high impedance (Sennheiser) headphones. The power stage is a single-ended, zero-feedback, parafeed EL84 triode into an impedance matching transformer, offering very low distortion and huge signal headroom. An internal switching power supply boosts the 15Vdc input by a factor of ten for B+, after a 30 second warm up delay. The amplifier is conveniently turned on and off by pressing the volume knob inwards. Sonics are warm, organic, punchy, and extremely non-fatiguing.
- 10k ohm input impedance
- 16/32 ohm output impedance (LO/HI)
- 10Hz to 150kHz bandwidth (-3dB)
- 400mW output power @ 32 ohms
- 6Vrms output voltage
- 0.25% distortion @ 0dBV 400Hz
- 6 x 10 x 3.5 inches
- 15Vdc @ 1.35A
- EL84 x 2
- "I just received the Tuba and am listening to it as I type. You have created yet another winner with this amp. Dead silent background with great musicality and detail retrieval, yet completely non fatiguing."