Trumpet MC - Vacuum Tube Phonostage
The Trumpet MC is a world-class phonostage suitable for the most demanding of audiophiles. This 3rd generation model maintains the superb sonic performance of the original, while cleverly cutting costs via technological advancements. The circuit remains fully balanced from input to output, including power supply. Equalization is split-passive with no feedback employed anywhere, resulting in a neutral non-fatiguing sonic presentation. Heaters are DC and a highly specialized internal low-noise boost converter generates B+ and B- rails (after a 40-second delay). A novel differential JFET front-end provides variable gain and loading capabilities needed for MC operation. With this flexibility any cartridge can be used, even MM. Premium components are used throughout, such as polypropylene capacitors and metal film resistors. The aluminum chassis has a rugged powdercoat, and is designed to match the Tuba.
This will be the last phonostage you ever buy!
- 47, 100, 220, 470, 1k, 47k ohm input impedance
- 45dB, 55dB, 60dB, 64dB, 68dB gain
- 220pF loading
- 10Hz to 50kHz bandwidth (-3dB)
- 70dBA ref 0.5mV signal-to-noise
- 0.04% @ 3Vrms distortion (1kHz)
- 22Vrms @ 1% overload (1kHz)
- +/-0.5dB equalization
- 12AX7 x 4, 12AU7 x 2
- 6 x 10 x 3.5 inches
- 3 pounds
- 15Vdc @ 2.05A
- 120V/240V operation
- Includes power supply & tubes
- Free shipping!
- "Received the Trumpet Mc today. Set it up with my VPI TNT, Graham 2.0 combo using the Zu Denon 103 LOMC Cartridge. Out of the box the Trumpet is dead quiet on my 100+ DB open baffle design speakers. I set Load at 200 and gain at 55. Having owned an original Trumpet that I paired with S & B 103 copper SUT. I can honestly say I do not feel like I am missing any Sound Quality. It was always a challenge to place the set up before and not induce noise. It is a pure pleasure to set up the Trumpet Mc and have a DEAD QUIET background straight away. Kudos on the latest design. As always, I am proud to own a Hagerman Labs Phono Pre."
- "Ok, matched pair of Tungsram NOS tubes in the first 12AX7 spot, then current issue Gold Lion pair in the next (paid an extra $10 per tube for premium selection), and matched NOS Brimar 12AU7. WOW! Sounded good with the current production tubes, but no contest, the NOS tubes really do wonders! Definite upgrade."
- "The trumpet MC arrived safely here in Perth, Western Australia today. I’m playing it right now and its easily the best phono stage I’ve had in my system. I have an expensive Spread Spectrum Technologies Ambrosia preamp with the phono stage option and the trumpet is on another level in comparison. Lesson taught lol."
- "I just wanted to let you know... I'm really enjoying your Trumpet MC phono pre... you really knocked this out of the park... wow..."
- "I received the Trumpet MC today in excellent condition. It is up and running perfectly and sounds really good right out of the box...quiet, smooth and refined. Oh yes, I really like how the Trumpet MC looks too!"
- "I have been using the Trumpet MC for a couple weeks now, and threw some RCA clear tops into the 12AU7 sockets. Man this thing is great, the music has moved up several notches in my system. The music is wider, and much better separated than before, it has blown away digital recordings for sure. I did a comparison of Cat Stevens tune for my wife on vinyl and DSD, and she picked the vinyl hands down. Thanks for making a great product so reasonably priced (the hifi world can be crazy)."
- "I was lusting for the Trumpet in it's various iterations for a while but it was either too expensive or not really flexible enough (MM only). But the Trumpet MC was the perfect match of features, form factor, ease of use and available for a reasonable 'real world' price. So I've been using it with a couple MM carts, 3-4 different MC cartridges and it sounds great with anything. It's hard to say exactly what is better. Sound-wise, it's not 'doing anything' that makes it remarkable, I feel like it's just more transparent and relaxed, like it never struggles. It sound very open, natural and clean. It's very addictive. I think it's a terrific product and value."
- "I just wanted to take a moment to share my delight of your new Trumpet MC, it's taken my analog to a new level of audio bliss. Thank you for designing such a wonderful piece of equipment, at such an affordable price."