Piccolo2 - MC Headamp
The Piccolo is an MC headamp that provides a linear pre-gain for your MM phonostage. The active circuitry uses low noise matched discrete JFETs in a no-feedback gain and buffer configuration, offering very low noise and distortion. The sound is extremely neutral leaving no sonic signature. Both loading and gain are adjustable, providing extreme flexibility.
- 0, 12, 20, 26 dB gain (1kHz)
- 47, 100, 220, 470, 1k, 47k ohm input impedance
- 300 ohm output impedance
- 6Hz to 800kHz bandwidth (-3dB)
- <0.01% distortion
- 85dBA signal-to-noise (ref 5mV)
- 3 x 5 x 1 inches
- 120V/240V operation
- "Got the unit today, playing now. I cannot compare it to a SUT, as I've never had one. But, it certainly sounds much better with your unit working into 40 dB of gain on a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS than it did into straight 65 dB gain of my Pro-Ject SS Phono Box DS+. It's quieter and the proper loading of 470 Ohm also helps to straighten out the frequencies and sound better than it did at 100 Ohm. All in all - I'm very pleased, thank you!"
- "Very quiet step up, nice detail & clarity."