The Humbucker is a unique solution for reducing hum on certain turntables using Grado cartridges. For the past 40 years, enthusiasts have tried various combinations of shielding and ground wires, with no success. That's because you cannot shield low frequency magnetic fields! The Humbucker employs an entirely different approach, pulling stray magnetic fields from motor away from cartridge, instead of trying to block them. This turns out to be so effective you will think sorcery is involved. On a Rega P3 turntable with an Opus 3 cartridge, hum is reduced by 15dB. That's enough to make a real difference! All you have to do is place the Humbucker on the plinth as shown, where it hides underneath platter.
- 15dB hum reduction
- 3" x 6" x 0.12" powder coated steel
- 7 ounces
- "Wanted you to know that I installed the Humbucker on my new Planar 3 50th Anniversary model and it easily removed 90% of the turntable’s motor hum. Your little Humbucker really made a difference in my record playing. Thank you very much."
- "Just installed the Humbucker on my Rega P2 with Exact 2 cartridge. It ABSOLUTELY worked to substantially reduce the hum that increases as the cartridge approaches the center of the record."
- "Thanks for the speedy delivery of my humbucker, Wow! it actually works, I wasn’t expecting it to be that good tbh. I've installed it on a $5k Rega P10."
- "I don't have a Grado but an Exact2 on a Rega P3, bought one of these and it actually works pretty well. It doesn't do miracles, it doesn't eliminate hum, but quiets it enough that I no longer notice at the end of record sides."