Archiver - JFET Variable Equalization Phonostage
The ARCHIVER is a very flexible phonostage designed to replicate any known equalization curve (36 in total), from 78rpm shellacs up to the modern era. Circuitry is fully balanced using precision matched JFET pairs for amplification. Equalization is split-passive, with no feedback employed anywhere for a more natural sonic presentation. Two inputs allow selection between mono and stereo configurations. In addition to TURNOVER and CUT equalization controls, ARCHIVER accommodates any cartridge from MC to MM with variable LOADING and GAIN. Output is both RCA and balanced XLR in either PHASE.
Compare to Gruensch, Allnic, and Thoress (all ten times more expensive). Even if you do not need the variable equalization, this is a fantastic solid-state phonostage!
- 47, 100, 220, 470, 1k, 47k ohm input loading
- 46, 54, 58, 62, 65, 68dB gain
- 270pF input capacitance
- 20Hz to 45kHz bandwidth (-3dB)
- 68dBA ref 0.5mV signal-to-noise @ 68dB gain
- 0.04% @ 0.5Vrms distortion (1kHz)
- 4Vrms output @ 1% overload (1kHz)
- 14dB headroom (1kHz @ 5mV)
- +/-1dB equalization
- 14 x 4.5 x 4 inches
- 2 pounds
- 24Vdc @ 76mA